Wednesday, December 16, 2009

****19 Month Update*****Gerber Ultra Dual Flush Toilet

December 16, 2009
Gerber Ultra Dual Flush 1.1/1.6
I first installed this toilet in May of 2008 in my powder room on my first floor for my family of five.  This it the bathroom that my family uses the most.  The interesting thing that has happened it that my children will go to the powder room and use the Gerber toilet even if they are on the second floor or in the basement (where other toilets are available).  If we are coming home from dinner or being out, my kids will "call" the powder room.

I was initially concerned with the more complicated flushing system and whether it would hold up. The flushing system has held up great. There have only been one or two minor issues where the tank didn't recharge, but jiggling the handle solved that.

The other maybe not so surprising thing we've found is, while the toilet has two flush modes, one for solids-- 1.6 gallons and one for liquid 1.1 gallons, the 1.1 gallon flush is more than adequate for most solids...I wont go into detail, but this toilet has some flushing power.

I give this 4.5 out of 5 stars!

No comments: