Wednesday, December 16, 2009

New Kohler Flipside Handshower


Okay, call me nutty for writing about a hand shower, but here it is... We recently picked up a case of these at a kitchen and bath show for our customers.  Of course, being the guy that I am, I needed to test this out before we installed one in a customer's home.

A shower head is kind of a personal thing -- I mean, you use it everyday so it might as well give you a great showering experience, or at least more than a ho-hum showering experience.  Of course, I was skeptical that it was going to make any difference in my showering experience whether I continued to use my junky old four position personal shower head I bought from a big box store, or this new Flipside  showerhead  from Kohler.  My old shower head had four positions, none of which were very invigorating or exciting -- especially the pulse or message jets that lack the umph to make your back feel better.  In this time of low flow fixtures, I figured the new shower would be more of the same...just okay.

I replaced my existing hand shower in all of about five minutes with the new Flipside. I think it took me longer to walk down stairs to get a wrench than it did to unscrew the old hand shower, tape the fitting and screw on  the new shower head.  My wife was the first to use it the next day and she gave it a pretty strong endorsement saying the "Koverage" setting was almost like a steam shower and she didn't have to turn up the hot so much.

Hmm, still skeptical, I found she was right, (don't tell her I said that). This new shower blew away our old shower head. It was a much broader and stronger spray that also created more mist.  I messed with the other settings briefly, but I found a new highlight to my morning in the "Koverage" setting.  Hey, plus Kohler's Flipside webpage is pretty cool.
I give it four out of five stars ****



Flipside™02 handshower

 - K-17492  $107 in polished chrome from Kohler.



No comments: